Best summer performance tires for the money?

Technical posts only, please.

Best summer performance tires for the money?

Postby mpp91b on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:41 am

I need to replace tires on the NISMO in the spring and was looking for something a little cheaper and longer lasting than my Potenza RE050's - the 19" tires in the back are nearly shot at 12k...I really want a tire with LOTS of dry grip (I drive very aggressively), not worried about wet so much. I have read many reviews on Tire Rack - but all the tires seem to really be hit or miss, and I would rather get opinions from people I actually know. The 265 30 19 rears limit my choices - no dunlop dirrezzo star specs... I appreciate any input.
mpp91b
Z Geek

Re: Best summer performance tires for the money?

Postby AtoZ on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:27 pm

I'm not really an expert on tires, but the Hankooks I have on the roadster really exceded my expectations. You've seen me drive that pretty little white thing, and I dont baby it, like driving on a rail!!!!!!! Tod :shock:
AtoZ
Z Rookie

Postby mpp91b on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Thanks for the input Tod, was considering the Hankooks and BFG KDW2's - wanted the dunlop direzza star specs - but they only make up to 18" sizes... It's nice to get a review from someone I know Drives their car versus all the crap on Tire Rack (too many conflicting reviews). Eventually want to get a spare set of rims and get dedicated track tires...
mpp91b
Z Geek

Postby AtoZ on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Go to Hankook Tires on line, They are showing a Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110 in size 265 30 19 if this helps :D
AtoZ
Z Rookie

Return to Tech Forum